Adding records to a domain I don't control for anyone who uses my nameserver

Brandon Dimcheff bdimchef at wieldim.com
Thu Feb 26 19:09:36 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to configure BIND to add some records to a domain that I
don't control, so that anybody who uses my nameserver will have the
additional records.  Specifically, I'm trying to add xmpp SRV records
so our jabber infrastructure that uses our nameserver can contact a
handful of domains properly.  All other records for the domain should
work as defined by their authoritative server.

Example:

dig @127.0.0.1 SRV _xmpp_client._tcp.example.com. should return my SRV
record hosted by my server
dig @127.0.0.1 A example.com should return example.com's A record by
recursive lookup

Does anybody have any suggestions?  I've tried a few different things,
but none of them seem to have worked.

Thanks,
Brandon