Caching-only Name server does Zone Updates

Ashish ashish.rao at wipro.com
Tue Feb 3 06:09:22 UTC 2009

Thank you Mark,

Doupdate is followed by lot of statements like

Db_update
Match

Please see the content below.
Doupdate(zone 0, savens x, flags y)
Doupdate: dname 21.in-addr.arpa type 6 class 1 ttl 600
Db_update(21.in-addr.arpa, 0x12345, 0x56789, 087, 0x76543) match(0x9b430, 1,
6) 1, 6
db_update: flags = 0x19, sizes = 71, 71 (1)
match(0x9123v, 1, 6) 1, 6
db_update: flags = 0x19, sizes = 71, 71 (1)
match(0x9sd33, 1, 6) 1, 6
db_update: flags = 0x19, sizes = 71, 71 (1)
match(0xdg6d8, 1, 6) 1, 6
db_update: flags = 0x19, sizes = 71, 71 (1)
match(0x6abde, 1, 6) 1, 6

Please correct me if I am wrong, I thought that for cache update it should
update only one record. So why so many updates are been made.

Please advice.

Thanks a lot
Ashish