Windows 2000 support....

midintertech at gmail.com midintertech at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 00:34:31 UTC 2008

On Sep 11, 8:30 am, SpamList <spaml... at vbot.org> wrote:

> 2) What is the latest version of BIND that *is* supported on Windows 2000?
>
> I've still got Windows 2000 deployed, and I'm not in a position to
> update those servers at the moment, so I need to find out which
> version(s) of BIND I can still use.
>
> Thank you for any information or assistance.

We are still running the BIND 9.4.2-P2 version, that supposedly had
the fixes for the "kaminsky issue" but was said to have some
"stability problems", which we have not experienced as of yet. Maybe
since its only our secondary dns running on w2k with this version and
its not under a great load is why we haven't noticed the stability
problem yet.. not sure.