Windows 2000 support....

SpamList spamlist at vbot.org
Thu Sep 11 13:30:41 UTC 2008

I was reading through the release notes on the latest updates to BIND
9.4.x, and noticed that there is a note in there that Windows 2000 is no
longer being supported.

This leads me to two questions:

1) Does this mean that there are OS or API level features now being used
in BIND that are not available on Windows 2000, or does this simply mean
that ISC and their associated testers are no longer running tests on the
older OS?

2) What is the latest version of BIND that *is* supported on Windows 2000?

I've still got Windows 2000 deployed, and I'm not in a position to
update those servers at the moment, so I need to find out which
version(s) of BIND I can still use.

Thank you for any information or assistance.