Trouble updating zones in a multi-view scenario

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Nov 13 05:29:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Justin Shore wrote:

> I've been putting up with a weird issue for a few months.  I'm running
> 9.5.1b2 on 2 servers in a simple master/slave setup.  I have 2 views
> configured, one trusted and one not trusted.  I use ACLs to decide what
> the querying IP is.  The main difference between the views is that I
> allow recursion in the trusted zone.  To shorten the overall config and

Is that the only difference or just main difference? IOW, why not just
allow the "trusted" ACL members to do recursive, it'll shorten things a
lot.

options {
  <snip>
         allow-recursion { trusted; };
};

> rndc reload, only the trusted view loads the update.  The non-trusted
> view never gets the update.  I have to literally restart the daemon to
> get the non-trusted view to load the updated zone.  This problem happens

What does messages file say?

--
Res

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!