TXT records in reverse domains

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri May 16 00:35:59 UTC 2008

	A zone is a zone.  The DNS doesn't know about forward and
	reverse zones.  The DNS is a big distributed, replicated,
	heirachical database.  It's the users of the DNS that have
	decided to call some zones forward and some zones reverse.

	There is nothing special about zones ending in IN-ADDR.ARPA
	or IP6.ARPA as far as the DNS is concerned.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org