Bind and OpenLDAP

Arjan Hulshoff arjan.m.hulshoff at zonnet.nl
Tue May 6 23:34:41 UTC 2008

Thanks for your reply.
I understand how to build an ldap string, however I don't understand the
last part of this string. I think it is something specific for Bind. I
am not sure though.
When I look at the following part of the string
o=DNS,dc=example,dc=com,dc=no 10800. Actually I already know what 'dc=no
10800' means, it is the $TTL part of a zone file. 'o=DNS' would mean to
me, from ldap point of view, the organization. Probably it means
something different.  What puzzles me the most is the
'dc=example,dc=com' part. I think it is the ldap representation of the
domain name, however I am not sure of that. What I don't know either, is
the way I defined the 56.168.192.in-addr.arpa zone in the correct way
(o=DNS,dc=56,dc=168,dc=192,dc=in-addr,dc=arpa,dc=no 10800).
So is the syntax in my named.conf correct and are my assumptions
regarding the meaning of the ldap string correct.

TIA,
Arjan.