How can I find out who is my domain name server authority

Dawn Connelly dawn.connelly at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 02:29:21 UTC 2008

First you want to gain access to the registrant account...looks like it's on
Dotster or someone that is a reseller for Dotster. The admin email account
is listed as hostmaster at afraid.org. Talk to either your email admin and get
the traffic for that account directed to your inbox or talk to the person
that actually reads that email. You can normally reset the password using
the email account. Select "lost password" and enter the domain and the email
listed in the whois database. The registrant will normally send you a link
to reset the password or a temporary password to get in.
If you aren't able to get email out of hostmaster at afraid.org, call the
registrant and explain the situation to them. They will most likely want you
to send letterhead and bills showing that you have a legit reason to access
the account. They'll tell you exactly what they need to reset the password
for you.

Once you are in the account, make sure to update the whois information.
You'll also be able to update the IP addresses of your DNS servers. I've
seen in the past where root servers don't see the changes...but that was
with network solutions (shocking, right?). If you have more than just the
one domain delegated to the new ip'd server, you'll need to change all the
domain delegations. There should be somewhere to change the info. If you
don't see it, call the registrant. Keep in mind that it will take up to 72
hours for the change to fully replicate depending on the registrant.