Doublt about DNS Client...

Raghavendra s.raghu at samsung.com
Mon Mar 10 09:13:35 UTC 2008

Hi All,
 Can anybody tell me what is the maximum polling time and polling retries restricted by DNS client RFC?

 I saw in some dns client codes they poll after every 5 seconds and for 4 times in worst case this will turn out to be 20 seconds waiting time and in best case 5 seconds.

Where as in windows nslookup it takes less than a seconds to reply for dns queries..in both positive and negative response cases.

Just want to know is these values left to coder's choice? or RFC has restriction.

-Raghu