bind-9.4.2 failed install

Kristen kris_s at atmyhome.org
Tue Mar 4 08:35:39 UTC 2008

List,

	I am having trouble getting bind-9.4.2 to install. I run an FC2
server. (server packages only) This systems came with bind-9.2.3-13
rpm's installed originally, which I have removed. When I compile this
new version of bind the initiation script is not created . Also
name.conf is not created, nor is /etc/sysconfig/named, nor are any
root zone files. I can only assume the rest of the software has been
installed. I do find bind utilities in /usr/sbin. I am using this
config line, which mimics what Red Hat builds.

./configure --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share --
sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share --with-
openssl=/usr/local

Configure does not give errors, nor does make. Does not bind create
these files when compiled?

Kristen