query logging based on views

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Mon Jun 23 16:54:55 UTC 2008

There is only one logging statement, and it covers all views defined.
There is no way to create different logging rules for different views.

You could, however, search through the query logs after the fact using
grep to sort out just the view you want to see. (You can't do this
live, using something like 'tail -f ... | grep ... > view.log' because
it will fail when the query log file rolls. Unless of course you use
logrotate to roll the logs, instead of BIND.)

Chris Buxton
Professional Services
Men & Mice