Mandriva 2008.1 and BIND 9.5.0

Alan Clegg Alan_Clegg at isc.org
Wed Jun 18 11:17:49 UTC 2008

stephane lepain wrote:
> I have installed binutils and that actually solved my pb. I compiled
> bind-9.5.0 on my VM Mandriva 2008.1 as such
>
> -./configure
> - make
> - make install
> - make check ( no error)
>
> Then, I looked for BIND-9.5.0 ( find / -name ) but cannot find it
> anywhere.

I would guess that it is spread around /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/sbin,
and some config files in /etc unless you gave it different options when
you ran ./configure

I would be VERY careful, as you seem to be having issues with what may
or may not be installed on the system already (ie, make sure that if
there is one already installed that it is removed, that the right one
gets run on startup, etc).

There is no "right" or "wrong" distribution to run a nameserver on...
just pick the one that you are most familiar with and go from there.

AlanC