Named service not sending transfers

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Fri Jun 13 09:29:50 UTC 2008

On 13 Jun 2008, at 01:37, Kevin Darcy wrote:

> Bottom line: if you
> want changes to propagate quickly and automatically, within the DNS
> protocol itself, you need to get your NOTIFYs working properly.

	One possible obstacle to NOTIFY, which I think Kevin didn't
	mention, is clock skew.  You need to have each slave's
	clock time synchronized with that of the master.  Setting up
	NTP to do this is generally the best long-term solution.
	Once-off manual synchronization (beware timezones!) may be
	more effective in the short term, if you need to keep learning
	about NTP out of your critical path.

	I'm sure Kevin knows all that, but the OP may find it useful.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services

	PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
	Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9