Bind 9.4.2 not resolving external names but seemingly only on linux

Jeffrey Collyer jwc3f at virginia.edu
Mon Jan 14 21:46:01 UTC 2008

So I have 3 nameservers running 9.3.4.  Two on Solaris, one on Linux.
Everything working fine, but I need the "rrset-order fixed"
implementation in 9.4.2 (or whenever it was finished).

Grabbed the source for 9.4.2 compiled it everywhere.  Upgraded the
Solaris boxes, no problem.  All resolution works fine.

I put the new binary in place on the Linux box, and restarted named.  On
the Linux box only, resolution of addresses outside my domain fail.
Resolution of internal addresses works fine.

Any ideas why the behavior would change just based on the OS?

The Linux is Ubuntu 6.0.6, so debian with a 2.6.15 kernel.

Jeff