MIME garbage in comp.protocols.dns.bind

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Dec 16 02:30:16 UTC 2008

Once upon a time, Mark Andrews  <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> said:
>	I've raised a ticket with our ops people.

While you are at it, could you see about fixing the Usenet threading?
It appears messages from the mail-to-news gateway get the Message-ID:
changed (often a bad idea) BUT the gateway doesn't update the

Any time the Message-ID header is changed, the gateway should keep a
list of old->new Message-IDs.  On future posts, the References header
should be split and any known old Message-IDs should be changed to the
new Message-IDs.

Alternately, don't change Message-IDs in the first place.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>