dnsperf and BIND memory consumption

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Tue Dec 9 20:38:00 UTC 2008

At Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:26:25 -0500,
Vinny Abello <vinny at tellurian.com> wrote:

> Has anybody else tried this patch for you? I haven't had time to
> look into this at all. If nobody has tried this yet, I'll get around
> to it when I can and let you know the result.

No one else other than by myself.  It worked perfectly for me, i.e., I
could reproduce the problem and I could completely eliminate the leak
with the patch.  One thing I was not certain about in an off-list
discussion that led to this patch was that the patch reportedly solved
the leak only partially.  I've been hoping to confirm that, but
unfortunately I've not got any followup since then.

So, basically, I believe the problem was solved, it would also help if
you could confirm it.

Thanks,

---
JINMEI, Tatuya