dnsperf and BIND memory consumption

ivan jr sy ivan_jr at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 15:30:52 UTC 2008

Hi

can you verify if you're using the newly installed named.

did you configure your options to replace the base?

can you give us:

ldd /usr/sbin/named
ldd /usr/local/sbin/named

to my understanding, there should be no memory leak issue at all if you disable threads..

this post has always been directed to the concern of FreeBSD + amd64 platform + FreeBSD port dns/bind95 (BIND 9.5.0-P2) + threading enabled

thanks!