how to archieve this?

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Fri Dec 5 05:10:49 UTC 2008

Depending on the rules you intend to use, you may find that BIND simply
isn't suited to this purpose. You may need to write your own name server
implementation, using a set of F5 appliances, or something else.

If you do this, you are probably best off handling as much as you can
using BIND, and then delegating the special-handling names to your
special-purpose name server. That way, your special-purpose name server
need not be optimized enough to handle the whole load. Also, algorithms
can be simpler if your custom name server is only handling address
records and zone apex records (SOA and NS). (Not all special-purpose
name servers correctly handle apex records, but that's a bad thing.)

An example that you may find useful as a starting point is lbnamed. It's
old and probably has some bugs in its protocol handling, but it does
something along the lines that you're looking for.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice