Distributed DNS Tools?

Scott Baker bakers at web-ster.com
Fri Apr 25 16:13:39 UTC 2008

I work for an ISP and every now and then we'll get a host that won't
resolve. Usually it's some weird configuration on the other end, or recent
changes that haven't fully propagated yet. Are there any good tools that
will check a given DNS host from servers around the globe to see what other
servers think of a given host?

I used to have a web page book marked that would let you feed it a host and
it would check a bunch of DNS servers and report back failure rates in
percentages etc.

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
RHCE - System Administrator - 503.266.8253