Not at "wits end" but still a bit confused......

Martes G Wigglesworth martes at mgwigglesworth.com
Mon Apr 21 06:56:30 UTC 2008

I have run named -g and the following is the result and I think that I
was using a serial that was out of range.  I have not seen anything
referencing such cases.  Maybe I did not notice it is the docs, however,
what is the standard for serial length?  I had to remove the year from
the serial, and the file loaded corrected, of which I guess it was not,
in previous cases.

Thanks for the assistance. I am not sure why named -g did not pick up
the bad domain origin line, however, I guess it was paying more
attention to the "out of range" serial number.

All is running smoothly after I removed the 20 from 2008 in the serial,
and made the change of adding the root "." to the end of the orgin
declaration.  I am sure it would have gave me some wierd issues as well.
I made the changes to the other zone file serials, and they are
functioning as well.

Thanks again.