DNS authoritative server and private domain?

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at magenta.cl
Thu May 17 14:50:38 UTC 2007

Hello List.
	I'm a little bit confused about how to build my named.conf configuration.  What i want to do is to have a primary server and a secondary server with TSIG.
	I'm authorative for several domains...in particular i want that one of those domains be accesible only by my internal network.  What i'm doing now is use  view.. but i'm not so sure if this is the correct configuration.  Can someone help me here or give some advice?.  This is my configuration ...

options {

        directory               "/var/named";
        dump-file               "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db";
        statistics-file         "/var/named/data/named_stats.txt";
	zone-statistics         yes;
	notify no;
	transfer-format many-answers;

 .
    max-transfer-time-in 60;

    interface-interval 0;

    allow-transfer {
         key mykey;
    };

    allow-query {
        trusted;
    };

view "internal-in" in {

    match-clients { trusted; };
    recursion yes;
    additional-from-auth yes;
    additional-from-cache yes;

      zone "." in {
          type hint;
          file "root.hints";
      };

      zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" in {
            type master;
          file "db.127.0.0";

          allow-query {
              any;
          };

          allow-transfer {
              none;
          };
      };

      zone "my.internal.domain.only" in {
                 type master;
                file "db.my.internal.domain.only";
        };

        zone "my.authoritative.domain1." in {
                type master;
                file "db.my.authoritative.domain1";
                allow-query {
                        any;
                };
        };

        zone "my.authoritative.domain2." in {
                type master;
                file "db.my.authoritative.domain2";
                allow-query {
                        any;
                };
        };

view "external-in" in {

        match-clients { any; };
        recursion no;
        additional-from-auth no;
        additional-from-cache no;

         zone "." in {
                type hint;
                file "root.hints";
        };

        zone "my.authoritative.domain1." in {
                type master;
                file "db.my.authoritative.domain1";
                allow-query {
                        any;
                };
        };

        zone "my.authoritative.domain2." in {
                type master;
                file "db.my.authoritative.domain2";
                allow-query {
                        any;
                };
        };

Is this ok? or there is another way to do this?

Thanks

Ricardo.-