4 DNS servers, 1 BIND9 slave, 2 BIND8.4 slaves, 1 BIND8 master

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Mon May 14 18:01:33 UTC 2007

Hi Ian,

Personally I've always had to do this, but then the first Bind version I
used was Bind 9.
It makes sense, for the following reasons:

a) How will the slave know which zones it's authoritative for?
b) How will the slave know which is the master/s server?
c) How will the slave know where to store it's zone files for the zones?

I can confirm this would still be the case if you upgraded your master
to 9.4, as both my master/slave are running 9.4.1.

Andy.