BIND (8) Solaris to AIX (BIND 9) & Will starting a 2nd Named server cause problem to production ?

Mr.River riverupdude at ca.rr.com
Wed May 9 02:13:45 UTC 2007

We are migrating a DNS server (solaris) Bind(8) and wondering if simply
copying over the existing Bind(8) configuration files will be sufficient ?

Otherthan security, was are the advantages to running BIND(9) ?

This go hand in hand with my "Will starting a 2nd Named server cause problem
to production ?"

(I apologize, zero cycles, too much BAU work going on...no study time. ;-(

Thanks

Mark