bind-dlz

Agnello George agnello.dsouza at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 04:15:33 UTC 2007

> I guess I'm a little out of the loop, but the first thing I've heard
> about bind-dlz was from the thread by gnello.dsouza at gmail.com,
> entitled bind-dlz testing.  I am curious to know what the possible
> advantages of storing your zone data in a mysql database are?  It just
> seems like a source of additional over head and complexity to me.
>

> Thanks,
> Josh

The only reason i am using ( actually testing )  bind-dlz is cause i
work for a web hosting company and we are building  a dns server that
will hold more than 2000 zone files . It becomes much easier for
programmer to create a interface that interact with a database , and
that is exactly what we plan to do. Secondly taking backups and data
replication become much easier

I hope i have answered your query

--
Agnello . G .Dsouza