Slave Override Master?

Ian Brandt ian at ianbrandt.com
Tue Aug 21 00:30:29 UTC 2007

Is it possible for a slave server to override the master for specific
records in a zone?

I'm using zoneedit.com for my public zone, but have BIND running on
the LAN for caching and local zones.  The issue is some of the IPs in
the public zone aren't routable from the LAN due to firewall rules
(like the scenario described here: http://www.shorewall.net/
FAQ.htm#faq2).  I'm hoping not to have to manually replicate all the
zoneedit.com definitions locally, but on certain hosts I need to
override the public IP with the internal private equivalent.

Thanks,

Ian Brandt
http://ianbrandt.com/