BIND 9.5.0a6 and Windows Server 2003 R2 DDNS updates with GSS-TSIG

Rob Austein Rob_Austein at isc.org
Mon Aug 20 02:07:55 UTC 2007

At Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:26:02 -0400, Danny Mayer wrote:
> David Holder wrote:
> >> I have built and tested BIND 9.5 with GSSAPI. So far I have not been able to
> >> get it to work with Windows.
>
> It doesn't work yet.

Clarification: it doesn't work -on- Windows.

That is: BIND 9.5 named supports GSS-TSIG with Windows clients in an
Active Directory environment -- so long as named itself is running on
a Unix-like platform.  At least, it works in ISC's lab.

What doesn't work (yet) is this same configuration with named itself
running on Windows, due to problems with the GSS-API library.