DNS how to

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Fri Aug 3 16:42:41 UTC 2007

Install all three items in the DNS Server group in CentOS' package
manager. Then enable the service in Services. The CentOS (or more
precisely, the Red Hat) packages will get you started.

If you need something more, you might want to consider taking a BIND
training course. However, every such course I know of also requires
some Linux or Unix knowledge, so you should probably start with that.

As a rule of thumb, if you're new to an operating system and don't
know how to secure it, maintain it, etc., you should not be setting
up a server on that operating system. You should especially not be
exposing that server to the Internet or to any untrusted network.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice