Basic intranet setup

John Steel john.steel at phonewebcam.com
Wed Aug 1 21:41:27 UTC 2007

There is a Fed6 server on the LAN running BIND. I want it to resolve
names to any requesting LAN clients without any domains, so for example
in their browser they can type "wiki", "issues" etc and these will
return the relevant IP addresses of the machines on the LAN, who will
then serve content accordingly. In other words, theres no mention of a
domain. All the tutorials I've seen are geared to setting up domains and
subdomains. I follow these, but can't see how I can set this most basic
"non-domain" system up. Any tips please? Thanks.