Usage of TCP/53

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Sep 28 19:58:06 UTC 2006

Peter Dambier wrote:
> In the long run some people would like to get rid of UDP
> and use TCP only, especially on open resolvers.

As John Maynard Keynes once said, "in the long run, we're all dead".

But somewhere between now and then, I'd be happy to oblige all of these
folks that want to "get rid of UDP" for DNS, as long as they pay for the
required server and network-infrastructure upgrades necessary to
maintain the same service levels with TCP as we currently have with UDP.

- Kevin