Unexpected First Lookup Delay

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Fri Sep 22 07:46:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have the same problem (and solved) but running another platform so it may not be related.

I'm running Bind9 on Solaris10 and had exact the same problem. After a lot of tracing I discovered that it wasn't a Bind-problem at all: The routing of Solaris10 was buggy, so (even though the system knows its static defaultroute) any time a query from a new direction came, the server needs very long to make up his mind about the right route to use and in this time the udp-packets where simply not created.
The solution was a Patch from Sun this summer.

If Linux have a similar problem, you should see the same delay with other udp-applications.

ciao,
Tom.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------