DNS configuration on our domain

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Tue Sep 19 15:41:16 UTC 2006

> Subject: RE: DNS configuration on our domain
> Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:20:53 -0500
> From: "Steve Ingraham" <singraham at okcca.net>
> To: "Gregory Hicks" <ghicks>
> Cc: <bind-users at isc.org>, <comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org>

[...]

Steve:

Did you subscribe to <bind-users>?  If so, then you do NOT need to also
send to <comp-protocols-dns-bind> since comp... is a mail gateway to
both the bind-users list and usenet.  Also, anything sent to bind-users
is gateway'd to the usenet list.  So one or the other please but not
both.

However, you DO have to be subscribed to the list before you can send
to the list.

I don't think that you CAN subscribe (via mail) to the
comp-protocols-dns-bind except via news...

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin