DNS configuration on our domain

Steve Ingraham singraham at okcca.net
Wed Sep 13 15:14:51 UTC 2006

>	You need to ensure that the PTR and A records are
>	consistent and that they also match the name emitted
>	in the HELO/EHLO of the SMTP transaction.

>	You PTR and A records are not consistent.

Forgive me for my ignorance but could you explain this a little further?
What is meant by the records are not consistent?  What name are you
referring to when talking about the HELO/EHLO of the SMTP transaction?

My apologies for asking what I am sure are very basic questions but I am
trying to learn about this while trying to manage a system that I have
inherited, did not set up and that is causing me a great deal of
problems (which I am sure may very well be caused by my lack of
knowledge about DNS).

I appreciate any additional information you may be able to provide.

Thanks,
Steve Ingraham