How do i get my internal linux dns to retrieve information from an external dns

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu Oct 26 05:06:35 UTC 2006

In article <ehophc$28b2$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Lord Kelvan" <the_iddiot at hotmail.com> wrote:

> well on the windows "external" end i have allowed access from any dns
> server to retrieve its information is this what you mean or is it
> something else if so what is it that you mean

So if your named.conf file contains something like:

zone "mydomain.com" {
  type slave;
  filename "/etc/named/slave/mydomain.com.db";
};

named is not able to write the file mydomain.com.db.  Check the
permissions on the directory /etc/named/slave, and make sure that the
user that named runs as has write permission.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA