Moving DNS behind NAT

Daniel Ström daniel at shift.se
Sun May 14 16:07:18 UTC 2006

I have two DNS servers (BIND 9.2.2) that have static public IP:s. I
now have to move them behind a router but i can still use the same
static IP:s but i have to use NAT for them. I will change the IP on
the machines to 192.168.x.x adresses and NAT the public IP:s with the
firewall to those two adresses/machines/DNS-servers.

What needs to be changed here? Do i need to change all my A and NS
records to the internal 192.182.x.x or shouldnt they still be using
the external IP that is mapped with NAT?

/ Daniel