Host = domain

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Jul 20 19:37:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 09:50:56AM +0200, Helmut Schneider wrote:
> And to be more precisely, the "@" A record is not replicated, too. :(
>
> ns1 is primary master, mx1 is secondary.
>
> root at ns1:/root# cat /var/named/master/domain.de | egrep '(@|serial)'
>                                2006072004 ; serial
> @                       A       192.168.1.100
> root at ns1:/root#
>
> root at mx1:/root# cat /var/named/master/domain.de | egrep '(@|serial)'
>                                2006072004 ; serial
> root at mx1:/root#

OH!!!!!

Have you been using 'grep' as your test of what is replicated????
Because the file is NOT copied byte-for-byte!!!!

All I can say is that under BIND 9.3.1 - the only version for which I
can quickly find an example in my space - an "A" record with an empty
first argument in the LHS (left-hand side), after the SOA record but
before any records with explicit LHS's, DOES replicate.

Can you post your original zone file and the transferred zone file?

Thanks.

--
Joe Yao