Name Servers

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 14 12:13:47 UTC 2006

In article <e97hhc$7q5$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Douglas Hall" <Douglas.Hall at Broadsystem.com> wrote:

> Barry.
> Thanks for your help!
> Oops! Sorry. You didn't help!
> It's a cost saving exercise!
> We need DNS changes make instantly! At present, fax authorizations are
> needed, then has to be signed off, then the 'other company' takes 12 hours
> to make the change, then we have to wait for propagation

Then find a different out-sourcing company that provides better service.
But you're not going to be doing your customers a favor by replacing a
slow service with a less reliable one.

> Judging by the archive of your replies to other users,, 75% or so of them,
> you were pretty dam rude!
> Please don't reply to any of my questions on this list.. I have had plenty
> of good and constructive replies to my query, and would appreciate NOT
> having stupid replies clogging my inbox!

I have no idea where you're getting that statistic from.  I will
occasionally be condescending, as in this case, but I believe that I'm
usually more helpful than rude.  Are you sure you're not confusing me
with Mark Andrews?

I didn't bother providing a constructive answer because I'd already seen
the other replies, which recommended the same books I would have.  So
that would just have been redundant.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA