One IP Multiple Domains

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Jan 31 16:12:53 UTC 2006

We use multiple domains here but a single arpa.xx.xx.xx zone file
(in.addr entry in named.conf) for each IP range of reverse lookups.

Since the arpa file contains FQDNs it seems you could put in whatever
name you want as the FQDN assuming you're not duplicating the IP for
multiple zones.   We actually do have some entries that forward lookup
different zone files as you intend with different domains but the
reverse lookups all go to our primary domain so all have a single FQDN
in the arpa file.