NT logging to Event Viewer

Josh Hyles josh.maillists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 17:46:10 UTC 2006

Havent figured out how to stop the event viewer logs, but adding this
to the conf file makes it log to a file..

# Setup query logging
logging {
	channel query_logging {
		# Enable query logging by uncommenting the below
                # Make sure to change the path to a valid directory
		#
		# version: number of backups created if size exceeded
		# size   : maximum size of log file
		#
		file "C:\dns\query.log" versions 3 size 100M;

		# Time stamp entries
		#
		print-time yes;
	};
	channel activity_log {
	        severity info;
	        print-time yes;
	        print-category yes;
	        print-severity yes;
	file "C:\dns\activity.log" versions 3 size 100M;
	};
	category queries { query_logging; };
	category default         { activity_log; };
	category xfer-in         { activity_log; };
	category xfer-out        { activity_log; };
	category notify          { activity_log; };
	category security        { activity_log; };

    category update          { activity_log; };
	category lame-servers { null; };
};