How to update QUICKLY for clients on subdomains.

Truong Tan Son sontt at fcv.fujitsu.com
Thu Jan 12 07:24:43 UTC 2006

Barry Margolin wrote:
> Why?  If you want changes to propagate quickly, you don't want to keep
> cache a long time.

Nameserver seem lost cache after 1 hour.

Client can not query records of other subdomains after 1 hour.

$TTL 3600;

2006040102;        Serial
3H;                        Refresh
30M;                     Retry
1W;                       Expire
1D;                        Minimum TTL
)

Need  I  increase   $Retry, $Refresh and $TTL ?

> Since this is all internal to your organization, I doubt that using a
> short TTL would overload your servers.  How many clients are they
> handling?

If $TTL is low, do nameservers shorten to clear cache ?

 (Number clients approximate to 600 hosts.)

Thanks,