More than I can bite off...

Bill.Light at kp.org Bill.Light at kp.org
Mon Feb 27 19:34:57 UTC 2006

Thanks Drew
Well -- I have a web server, both   my-home-domain.com  as well as a
couple of virtuals....can I just "host" the hysl.org and then re-direct it
to the geocities page ?   I don't know that I'm willing to open up my
webserver to someone else yet, and they had no desire for me to host.  Is
the question then more appropriate for an apache forum ?  (i.e. how do I
take any request for hysl.org and forward to
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Bench/5991/?)

"Drew Burchett" <DrewB at united-systems.com>
02/27/06 11:10 AM

Bill Light/CA/KAIPERM at KAIPERM
cc

Subject
RE: More than I can bite off...

To the best of my knowledge, you can't do this strictly through DNS.
You'd have to point the domain name to a valid HTTP server somewhere and
then you could set that up to redirect to the Geocities page.  Of course
if you were running your own web server, you could just host the page
there...