MX for mailhub and reverse pointer file

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Feb 10 04:01:42 UTC 2006

> Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> writes:
>
> >>;;;Do I need something here like:
> >>;;;                     IN      MX      reader.local.net0
> >>
> > Do you expect folks to be sending mail to user at 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa?
>
> Harry wrote:
> > ;;;Do I need something here like:
> > ;;;                     IN      MX      reader.local.net0
>
> Sorry, I'm too dense to get the cryptic answer... does it mean no,
> nothing goes in there or does it mean something goes in there but not
> in that format?
>
> And the log ...
>
>  Feb 9 19:27:53 reader kernel: process `named' is using obsolete
>   setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT
>
> Do I need to worry about that?

	Go complain to the stupid Linux kernel developers.

	If they don't want SO_BSDCOMPAT to be used is should
	be removed from the header files.

	Portable Linux code *has* to use SO_BSDCOMPAT if it is
	present to get correct operation on Linux kernels where
	it is effective.

	Any portable code will be protecting the usage with

		#ifdef SO_BSDCOMPAT
			protected code
		#endif

	Mark