Query-log analysis

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Sun Dec 31 14:49:42 UTC 2006

Well,

I did not bother and probably I did reinvent the wheel :)

http://iason.site.voila.fr/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/iason/

Most parts of IASON are filters like "grep" and "more".

Most parts of IASON are reading all kinds of logs and mostly
translate to a format readable by prolog systems.

Nevertheless I mostly use it with grep.

The source is in C and you can easyly change it to do almost anything.

Cheers and a happy new year
Peter and Karin

x_bind-users_x at nospam.pz.podzone.net wrote:
| Hi all,
|
| What do people here use for analysing query logs?
|
| Basically I need to monitor the number of dns hits on each domain to
| identify trends and any potential problems (or attacks).
|
| I installed Lire (debian package) and managed to get it to produce a
| report, but so far it's unclear to me how to customise the reports or
| how to have them mailed periodically... (i'm still looking at the docs
| for that ;-/).
|
| However, I was wondering what other tools/scripts might be out
| there... as I'm starting to consider rolling my own script, specific
| to bind.

- --
Peter and Karin Dambier
Cesidian Root - Radice Cesidiana