rrset-order fixed not working in bind 9.4.0b4

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Dec 19 10:07:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 08:03:25AM -0800,
 Dinu Bogdan <dinub_at_home at yahoo.com> wrote
 a message of 26 lines which said:

> I've just updated to bind-9.4.0b4 in order to get support for
> rrset-order fixed which is not implemented in previous versions.
> now i don't get any error but the dns still sends ips in a random
> way.

You did not post what command you used to check. So, be sure to ask
directly the authoritative name server ("dig @a.b.c.d NS
foobar.example."): if, instead, you go through a recursive nameserver
somewhere, it may be responsible for the shuffling of records.