memcluster.c:436: INSIST(stats[size].gets != 0U) failed.

henka at cityweb.co.za henka at cityweb.co.za
Sun Aug 13 10:27:47 UTC 2006

> 	A double memput() or the wrong size has been passed to memput()
> 	at some point.  The later is usually sizeof(foo) vs sizeof(*foo).
>
> 	Each time a memget() is made stats[size].gets is incremented.
> 	Each time a memput() is made stats[size].gets is decremented.
> 	Before it is decremented it is tested to make sure it is not
> 	zero.  This test fails.

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the response.

What you're saying makes sense.   However, I have no idea where to even
start looking/debugging though.  The application hasn't changed (and it
ostensibly works flawlessly - and has so for the last few years - on other
machines), and I get this error apparently even before I make any calls to
libbind functions.

The other machines are using slackware.  Perhaps they have been silently
failing, and debian is being more vocal about the failure?