Basic DNS Cache Server

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Wed Aug 2 15:57:54 UTC 2006

> To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
> From: "SwtDivaLove" <colonel_angel2004 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Basic DNS Cache Server
> Date: 2 Aug 2006 02:15:40 -0700
>
> Yes, I know this is probably a very stupid question, but trust me that
> when I say this that I've been through every possible documentation
> possible and it still eludes me as to how to set it up properly so
that
> it works.

Why don't you post what you HAVE tried (latest version only please) and
we can take a look and see what is wrong.

Please don't 'sanitize' (except for passwords).  It confuses us and
makes it much harder to help you.

Regards,
GRegory Hicks

> I need a step by step walk-through on how to set up at least a DNS
> Cache Server.
>
> Please do no point me to anymore online documents as I've probably
read
> them hundreds of times.
>
> Yes, I'm asking to be hand-held through the a setup.
>
> I'm running Red Hat Fedora Core 5.
>
> So, if anyone truly wants to help me set one up, I would be greatly
> appreciative.
>
> SwtDivaLove

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin