diff. between 9.3.2 and 9.2.6

Bill Larson wllarso at swcp.com
Tue Aug 1 02:04:20 UTC 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Dixon, Justin wrote:

> Not sure what is being written to /jail/tmp but named would fail
> before
> I created it and gave the named user access to write to it. It is
> empty
> currently so I'm assuming named deletes whatever it creates soon after
> startup.
>
> I have directory "/var/named" specified in named.conf which is of
> course
> relative to the jailed directory.
>
> Justin Dixon
> justin.dixon at bbandt.com

Just a real SWAG.  Where is your "named.pid" file created?  Is it
done in /tmp?  If so, then the existence and permissions requirements
would be explained.

Now, it sure would be easier to help you if you would pose your
configuration file.  If you were to post it, then you wouldn't be
getting responses based upon SWAGs.

Bill Larson