Private DNS for a VPN...

Eric none at nospam.npm
Tue Apr 4 15:19:22 UTC 2006

"Netfortius" <netfortius at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e0sng7$219m$1 at sf1.isc.org...
> You may not need a whole book for this, unless I misunderstand your
> requirement. I believe almost all decent VPN solutions should be able to
push
> the IP address of an internal DNS, to the client, together with the client
IP
> address, and other stuff - via dhcp. I am doing it with Netscreen, but -
as
> your request was in reference to open source - here is a "lucky" finding
from
> Google:
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7949
>
> ... look at:
>
> push "dhcp-option DNS 172.16.1.7"  #push DNS entries to client
>
> Stefan

Oh, yeah.  <Duh!>  VPN implimentations should have some sort of internal DNS
service anyway.  Makes sense..

Thanks!

I think I'll pick up the O'Reilly book still as I've always wanted to,
eventually, learn how the how DNS hierarchy works in public.  Done it
locally but thats pretty straightforward.