Testing if dns server is ready

Andy Pieters x_terminat_or_3 at yahoo.fr
Fri Oct 14 06:09:54 UTC 2005

Hi list
I seem to have been able to configure Named thanks to this list.  I can do the
lookups for my domain and the reverse lookup as well, by specifying the
localhost as name server.

named-checkzone does not report any errors in the zone files.

What, if any, procedures exist to thorougly test if everything works before
going to my registrar and changing the primary dns server to this one?

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to [silence]

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/