error with zone file & adding TXT record

Brent mrb at bmyster.com
Wed Oct 12 18:37:06 UTC 2005

Im using bind 9.2.4rc7  and when i try to add a TXT record to one of our zone
files i get the following after rndc/ reload

named local5.error general: error zone testdomain.com/IN: loading master file
fwd/testdomain.com: unknown class/type

(i replaced the actual domain with a fake but the error is the same)

anywho here is what im trying to add to the zone file.
-------------------------

   300  IN  A    TXT "v=spf1 mx ptr include:testdomain.com ~all"
   300  IN  A    TXT "v=spf1 a -all"

after adding this to the zone file and reload named I get the above error.
However i have another DNS server under my control that TXT records do work..
is this is something that is to do with this version of bind OR do i have to
do something that will turn this feature on ?

any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated

-----
Brent