Documentation for Bind 9

Jason Vas Dias jvdias at redhat.com
Thu May 26 17:27:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 12:55, ALIF Mohssine wrote:
> Hello every body,
> I'm using, for the first time, Linux Redhat 9.0 with BIND 9.
> Please, is there any detailed documentation, for beginners, on the graphical bind configuration tool.
> The one in
> http://www.europe.redhat.com/documentation/rhl9/rhl-cg-en-9/ch-bindconf.php3
> is not very easy for a beginner !!! For instance, it is not clear what to do for SOA nor in Records ...
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ---------------------------------
>  Dcouvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidos !
> Crez votre Yahoo! Mail

Hi Alif -

 The Red Hat BIND configuration GUI tool,
 "bindconf" (now "system-config-bind") is a Red Hat
 add-on, and the "bind-users" list is probably the
 wrong place to discuss it.

 You can download the latest version of system-config-bind
 from :

 http://people.redhat.com/~jvdias/system-config-bind-4.0.0-16.noarch.rpm

 It has a PDF manual built in - click on the Help->Manual menu option.
 Also, BIND 9 has its own reference manual, which you can access through
 the menu Help->ARM option.

 Please contact me off-list if you have any issues with s-c-b.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Vas Dias
Red Hat Inc.